Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Rho Borg

Windows XP 64 Bit setup error after nliteing...

Hello Forum members,

I had the chance to get a copy of Windows XP 64 bit edition (that had previously been slipstreamed with SP 2 via nLite),but have run into setup problems copying over a dll file;XP setup says that "HAL.DLL is missing or corrupt" (funny thing is that it looks like it copied over to the virtual hard drive during text mode phase of setup??)...& will not continue setup...

Let me preface this by saying i re-nlited the XP 64 bit iso to remove unnecessary non-system related files,folders as well as add some tweaks from nlite plugins so i do not think that would cause setup to fail,but I have never had any problems with using nLite on the 32 bit version of Windows XP so am at a loss as to what to do??

Any helpful suggestions,advice would be greatly appreciated since its mostly a hobby of mine to tinker with MS Windows XP...

hal-dll-missing-corrupt-xp-57fd205d3df78c690f815007.PNG