Scheduled Tasks - Eliminating Most is a Good Thing

NoelC

TOOL+TWEAK+TIPPs:  My first time install W10 - fiddlin' and explorin' around ...   :)

"Task Scheduler:  The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task."

http://win10epicfail.proboards.com/thread/176/user-account-permission-disable

:cool:

Optimize VDI: Windows 10 Scheduled Tasks

This is a multi-part blog series focused on optimizing Windows 10 VDI

:cool:

PC Tasks Optimizer from Smart PC Utilities is an effortless and efficient way to manage your core Windows Scheduled Tasks. Unlike other programs, the Smart PC Utilities is devoid of all the jargon and instead uses plain terminology. It displays a set of instructions which can either be toggled on or off. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/pc-tasks-optimizer-manage-windows-tasks

Task_Optimiser_1-600x491.png

• 1 year later...

Thanks NoelC for your November 12, 2016 post - I am keeping it for a reference. 
Hope I can talk to you about it as I process through it at a future date. 

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I am new to the forum which I have just discovered after doing a search for "EDP Auth Task  windows 10" with Bing which found this thread.

I am after  a bit of advice as I have only just come across these scheduled tasks after a program that  I use (Anvir Task Manager which checks on startup items) revealed 114 of them with a note that the file is missing. For example:

Name : Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
Value: %windir%\system32\compattelrunner.exe
Product: <File missed>
Startup: Scheduler: \Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser

compattelrunner.exe - is missing from system32.  Is this because it has been removed by window  updates and no longer applicable? I am on Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044 .2006) of Window 10 Pro 64.

Other <File missed> entries list .dlls  in the Value box  which are in the system32 folder. So I am a bit confused.

Anvir gives me options of Allow, Quarantine or Delete these entries. Is it safe to delete theses tasks or to  play safe and Allow them or dsiable them through Quarantine?

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions.

P.S.  I have retrieved my list of scheduled tasks with the command given by NoelC.