a7n8x deluxe drivers

baron

Anyone have any tips on installing the various bits used by this motherboard ?

3com920B, weird realtek based nvidia network card, nvaudio and so on..

I've found various driver packages, but the .inf files didn't seem to work for me.

ever try asus website's driver downloads for ur MB? From my reading at that page, they got a new all in one driver (nf2v116_wxp.zip) for NVidia chipset where it is newer than NVidia websites provided website. U can have a try with that driver.

guy i live with has an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe revision 2.0 (Ultra400 north bridge)....

I have tested my method of driver installation and it works great... the only problem we have is with his machines particular configuration, it will not be able to shutdown or reboot with the nvidia SW IDE driver installed, so I just deleted that directory and didn't add it to winnt.sif drivers path

i used the latest from nvidia, 3.13, the ones on the asus website havent been updated for a long time... that same driver version was there (with the same message about it being newer) about a year ago....

extract the .exe installer, which will give you a bunch of directories.... just grab what you need and make your drivers path addition look like this:

Drivers\nForce\AudioDrv;Drivers\nForce\AudioUtl;Drivers\nForce\Ethernet;Drivers\nForce\GART;Drivers\nForce\MemCtl;Drivers\nForce\SMBus;Drivers\3COM920B

this method doesnt actually install the audio utilities properly, but i am working on a way to integrate the very latest version (available on guru3d.com) of the audio drivers and audio utilities using a batch file similar to this:

if not exist %windir%\system32\nvmcp.sys goto skipnv

"%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\NVAudio\setup.exe -S"

:skipnv

a batch file like this could allow you to have lots of program that only install if certain drivers have been installed (it won't install the nvidia audio utility on a computer that does not have the mcp south bridge)