A few problems

evilvoice

Ok, I integreated my drivers into textmode setup (using txtxsetup.sif and compressed sys file) and I also included the OEMPnpDriversPath with the correct drivers for my card. But, windows does not find the correct driver and prompts me during runonceex to find the correct driver, which it does, and in the location it was supposed to during GUI setup. My question is that since I have a Silicon 3112 SATA chip on my board, which drivers should I install? I have both the BASE and RAID set to different locations. 003_SATA_BASE, 004_SATA_RAID. Both drivers also exist for textmode setup s3112.sy_ s3112r.sy_ which seemingly works fine. Just I dont want windows to tell me it found new hardware when I already have the drivers on the cd and have it set to find the drivers in the right place.

well, thats where I got most of the information for this...

Let me make some statements to clarify

1. TEXTMODE works (this is from editing txtsetup.sif) [AFAIK, I dont have a SATA HD to test if it finds the driver]

2. Winnt.sif is set correctly using OemPnpDriversPath

3. Windows does not find the correct driver for my SATA when its supposed to (it prompts me for new hardware while my runonceex is running)

4. I have both drivers for SiI 3112A (this is BASE and RAID), my system will more than likely be set for RAID, but I want to make sure I have both drivers on the disc just in case I decide I wanna change. BASE is first, RAID is second in OEMPnpDriversPath, my system is set for RAID. In my assumption, if BASE isnt the correct driver, it should move on to the next folder, but it doesnt.

Hopefully this clarifies my post, and what problems I am having

I haven't had any problems with either method for detecting my Sil 3112 controller, or the drive that was on it at the time. I used the nforcershq (?) link on here somewhere, when I was running the Raptor off it originally, to work through txtsetup.sif, and ran fine as a boot drive (though slower than now through Intel ICH5/R). I also now use the OEMDriversPath method, and it runs fine as well, as it finds all drivers for everything I have, including the IDE RAID and the Sil3112, though it only has a single drive on it.

As long as you have copied all the files from the sil3112/r directories when you extracted the driver file (either off cd or new one downloaded), into the proper directories you have set in winnt.sif - my driver files directories (sil3112/r) each have 12 files in them.

[AFAIK, I dont have a SATA HD to test if it finds the driver]

I haven't tried installing SATA/RAID drivers without the drives actually being attached, or can't remember doing so, so I don't know if installing the drivers even works if there arent any drives attached, though it still should without a problem, unlike for something like a soundcard (can have drivers on a cd and in winnt.sif, but won't install if there's no soundcard in the system).

My runonceex only asked for driver files when I missed a file for the network card, and subsequently it enabled 2 of the runonceex windows, but haven't had any problems since then once I got it all fixed. I'm guessing, if it's asking for driver files, that you haven't put all the necessary files on the cd where they belong.

Just clarify if boot drive or not? Guess not if gets to windows GUI without a problem - only need in txtsetup.sif if boot drive if I'm not mistaken?