Windows ME Preview

justacruzr2

If anyone is interested in restoring their "Windows ME Preview" Start Menu link, I have re-written the HTML so that it works again with Windows Media Player 9 series.  Most anyone who has upgraded their ME system went to IE 6 and WMP 9.  That's when the "Preview" stops working.  Of course the "Internet Explorer 5.5 Tour" won't work with this update since you have to have it installed for it to work, but everything else does.  Let me know if your interested and how I can make this available to you.

One more thought occurred to me after I posted this.  The original "Windows ME Preview" also relied on the flash player that was installed on ME originally which I think was Shockwave Flash 6 or 6.5.  Most everyone would have upgraded by now to at least Adobe Flash 9.  That's another reason the Preview won't work.  And that's part of what I had to modify also.  Windows Media Player 9 uses different GUID's than all the other players before it.  And it changed, and increased the number of, callable functions.  And Adobe Flash Player 9 also uses different GUID's than Shockwave Flash.
This updated file will play the preview as originally released...in a small box centered in the middle of the web page.  I am also working on a version that plays it in full screen mode.