Via Sata in WinPE

dave_uk

Hi

I'm going loopy trying to get this driver integrated, and think I'm being a little stupid now since I have added in other RAID drivers to my image.

I use a specially modified (by a 3rd party company) version WinPE (not BartPE) to do a deploy via RIS, but integrating this driver totally eludes me now. The WinPE boots, but when the scripts start up to partition the drive, no drive is present. Can someone do a simple step-by-step that a "current simpleton like me" can follow?

Thanks,

Dave

Usually i would think you would put the driver's inf in the inf folder, the driver in \system32\drivers, and any other files in \system32. That really should work.

It's possible you might need to use the sleep command. I know of some scripting issues caused in winpe, the fix is usually to use the sleep command to give winpe enough time to load up. I don't know if it'll fix your issue, but you might want to try sleep.exe, it's in the server 2003 reskit.

There's also a file called winpeoem.sif in the \system32 folder that let's you include drivers, and you also have winbom.ini at the root of winpe that let's you load drivers.

Winpe has no debugging, but you can use devcon.exe to see what's going on.

Hopefully that's enough to point you in the right direction. I've never integrated drivers into winpe (never needed to), but my understanding of how to do it is laid out above.

-gosh