Mce Replacement For Windows 8

koganstyle

I wonder whether anyone knows of a solid product that can replace MCE since it isn't included in windows 8/8.1. i'm looking for something to install on windows 8 so my Xbox can still suck down content from my PC. I would pay for MCE for 8.1 it but its a work laptop and I have to use enterprise :-(.

Edited by koganstyle

I tried setting up just the Streaming functions of windows 8.1 64bit last night and wow can I say how sucktastic the streaming functions are.

To get Media Streaming Options in Windows 8.1, press the windows key, then just type Media Streaming Options, after you set that you can access it via running the play video app in xbox 360 app's. Also if using an external drive you have to add it to your video library by right clicking and choosing that option.

It starts streaming content and it locks up my Xbox, the video's aren't as nicely handled when just streaming, Way to fail at keeping enthusiasts on-board MS. I want to love Microsoft but its like being in an abusive relationship

Long story short i've gone back to windows 7 64bit until I can nut out a decent solution, maybe get a device with pro and pay for MCE and pray that the streaming is a bit better.

Edited by koganstyle

• 2 weeks later...