Hi everybody

Many thanks for all of you , really great effort and nice place to visit

First of all I want to tell you that I am not a programmer and also I

Speak English as a third language .

I was in this address http://unattended.msfn.org/

And as I told you above it's great effort and nice place to visit

I found many ways to do Unattended install but unfortunately I try it

But nothing works with me , I think because I am new on this and also because

There are many commands and may ways . e.g. (RunOnceEx , GuiRunOnce , Cmdlines.txt , bat flies and cmd flies .) so I get crazy and I didn't know the start from the end .

I am asking you to help me in a very simple mode ( I mean in steps and details )

So I am asking for the best ways to install windows XP pro with the applications ,

Hot fixes ,directX 9b , WMP 9 , movie maker ….ext in Unattended mode

Please tell me in steps and where I have to save each file

For example need someone to tell me haw to do ( RunOnceEx.)

Thank you

Oh, I guess I'll tell you before someone else ... For everything but the applications, it doesn't get much easier than XPCREATE. However ... documentation is almost non-existant, and on line help can be ... difficult. Spend a day with it, and see if it works for you. I'm off to bed now, and tomorrow is Sunday. I'll check up on you Monday if you are interested.

Welcome, newonthis.

rather then starting over from scratch (I'm betting won't be the first time :) ) you could try posting your Winnt.sif file (the file created by Setup Manager in the deploy.cab file on your Windows XP CD) and if you're lucky, we could prolly get it working without you haveing to start over.

But In general......

Unattended applications go in a $OEM$ (you have to create this) in the same directory as your I386 folder. Inside there create another folder called $1. EVERYTHING you put in this folder will be copied to the SYSTEMDRIVE during installation. So if you're installing Windows to C:\ , $1 will be C:\.

The most important for this is that OEMPreInstall=YES is inside your Winnt.sif file under Unattend (i think so anyways, perhaps a different seciton).

As greenmachine said, XPCreate is the easiest way to get the hotfixes done. Click the image on his signature. The page you want is the Downloads and Current Hotfixes. Download those hotfixes from the Microsoft website (or head on over to the XPCreate forum, and someone has a tool to download them for you, but I think they're all english so you may need a different language). Put them in the folders according to the Current Hotfixes page, edit XPCreate.INI to point to the CDROM drive with your XP CD in it (your original one), then execute XPCREATE.CMD. Wait 30-40 minutes and inside CDROOT you have a XP structure with hotfixes and everything ready to be isntalled wth nothing else to modify.

Follow the Creating CD Image page on the Unattended website (the link you've already been to) for instructions on how to make the image, and thne burn.