Windows 8.1 high CPU load

insanecorp

Andre! Hi! Could you please help me too? I'm having the same problem. My file is here: ----

Thank you! Sorry to bother.

(edit: ah, but I was also running task manager at the same time. And now the problem isn't happening. Of course. Ugh.)

If the above file is corrupted, please try this one: ----

Edited by norafox

the trace shows no high CPU usage.

Oh.. I think I was mistaken. I think it was Disk Usage? It just makes everything run slow and lag. I bought more RAM and I'm waiting for it to come in, do you think that would solve my problem? Sorry about this and the late response.

• 3 months later...

remove Symantec and look if this fies it. I see a high usage from IDSvia64.sys.

Dear André,

thank you so much,

I uninstalled Symantec Norton Internet Security as you suggested and worked with my PC for three days now (very suspicious if this "horror" is really over (I even hear the fan noise in sleep now even when my PC is shut down dead :-( psycho!

Now there was only once in a while a higher CPU usage (I can notice this when without reason the fan starts to run on my Lenovo Yoga Think Pad.) But below anything like 100% CPU usage and only for a few minutes or even seconds.

Today in idle state it came back: 100% CPU forever so I ran WPR again (there were some apps running so I hope my WPA file still gives some info what causes this 100% CPU usage again).

Thank you! (you are an "angel" for all of us who cannot work with their PCs anymore (I am a webworker and cannot sent this to Lenovo for 3 weeks ;-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sqesOWgmpSNkczbkJBU2s4aDA/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for looking again!

Viele Grüße aus Köln

Guten Morgen André,

sorry for wasting your expert time with such a file.

(I am no expert on anything like this high cpu "Wahnsinn" on my PC as you can see...)

I will google how the xperf command works and the next time my PC is on 100% CPU usage I will it AND compress the file before I'll upload it (ups, good idea!).

Vielen Dank so far!

Viel Glück morgen (Pokal)...

run this command after boot and minimize the cmd.exe, started as admin:

xperf -on latency -stackwalk profile -buffersize 1024 -MaxFile 512 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d C:\temp\HoheCPUAuslastung.etl

when you have the issue, wait 30s and press a key in the cmd.exe to stop logging. compress the ETL als 7z/RAR and share it. This command limites the size to 500 MBs and forgets the useless data so that the file doesn't grow too much.

Danke, I have stopped iphlpsvc (IP Hilfsdienst) and rebooted. Since then (ca. 30 Min.) CPU usage is normal and I can work.

If it occurs again I have my command exe loaded with your command and will allow myself to upload the file again in case it happens again even with the things killed stopped as you suggested so far

Now I am running without Internet security from Norton and only Windows firewall & defender... and without IP helper services (I am willing to run without everything as long as it runs at all.)

Tausend Dank -G