uxtheme.dll

Here's a copy of my setuperr.log file:

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll] is not signed properly
by Microsoft.  This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Is this normal? Did the uxtheme.dll copy over fine even though it is not signed by MS?

Thanks

Sweet :) Thanx AaronXP

The only problem i have now is when i apply a custom theme i made (via Save as... feature in Display Properties) it creates little white boxes around File, Edit, View, Tools, Help etc. in many programs such as Notepad and MSN Messenger?! I thought is was an issue with the uxtheme.dll but if that is okay what else could it be?

Thanks

Hi,

I have also a problem with my uxtheme.dll!

I used the method on the german winxp unattended site!

I downloaded my uxtheme.dll from there: http://unattended.blue-tree.de/files/uxtheme_xpsp1.zip, then I used modifyPE with this parameter: modifyPE.exe uxtheme.dll -c

Then makecab uxtheme.dll

I have now a packed uxtheme.dl_ and I copied it to my i386 folder! After the win_setup my setuperr.log has the same error lines in it!

But it does not work! I put my theme to my winnt.sif under [sHELL], but at the first windows startup, the screen loaded the right wallpaper of the theme, but all the other things are light grey, like I use a costom theme with the orginal microsoft uxtheme.dll!

I hope you understand what I mean? Can someone please help me?

cu Ghandalf

Hi AaronXP,

yes I did!

But wiht the same problem! I downloaded then themexp_patch2.rar from Windows XP Community

After installing all my custom themes works fine! I look at the propertise of my uxtheme.dll and from the backup! The uxtheme.dll I use now has 203.264 Bytes and the uxtheme.dll I installed with winxp it has the size 203.776 Bytes!

cu Ghandalf