Turning off Visual effects

I Know *Raises Hand*...

Change this value and it will disable the themes service(Visual Affects) from the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Themes\]

Key: Start

Type: dword

Value: 00000004

Hope this helps :) ,

Chris!

Oh i forgot: Heres the reg file to do this auto - just copy this stuff to notepad and save it as anything.reg, then open it and load it into the registry!

Heres the reg file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Themes\Start dword:00000004]
"Start"=dword:00000004

Hope this helps *more* :)

Later,

Chris.

this isnt visual effects, it's the themes-service required for xp-themes like luna. visual effects are for instance the mouse cursor shadow or the animation when maximising a window.

@justin984: look at this post - http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...indpost&p=57882 - it is from the 8th of september 2003 :)

[sarcastic]Oh .... Oh well that must mean i wasnt trying to help then![/sarcastic]

Later,

Chris.

thanks for the replies  :)  eirogge, i've tried whats suggested in that post before.  It does uncheck all the visual effect boxes, but as an example, when i right click, the menu's still fade into view, same with all the other effects.  It seems the settings are not actually being applied, only the check boxes are changing.

its important to apply them in the right stage of setup i think. for those tweaks that would be cmdlines.txt