Help with NTBackup and Server Manager

Trigger911

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some help with Small Business Server 2003. I had a friends server go down and ISA was the problem there was no fixing it I do not have a clue what happened but I spent a week trying to repair it. I think the problem Stemmed from him using SharePoint and Exchange and he didn't decommission theses services correctly. I did a clean install of the server and setup his WINS, DHCP, AD and a few other services he was still using. I tried to import his backups but the problem came back and I also tried repair installs. I hope this background info might help.

My question is pretty complicated for me as I have never really used NTBackup or tape drives but I have been reading up on it. But he had paid a company to come in and set up his system and I seen his NTBackup script was backing up to a secondary drive and then writing that to a drive and he is using 5 tapes (1 for each day of the week). I know it was also schedule being configured by NTBackup. I have been reading and seen how to get the tape information for the script itself but I can seem to get it to write to different tapes but the original and I have to create to jobs 1 to back to the secondary internal and 1 for the tape. I see this causing problems down the road. Is there a way to get this working the way it was before I had to wipe it?

I also noticed the original install had a Server Manager Console on it and its not showing up anywhere on the system and he has all 4 disc for the install I have looked for this part but I cant seem to find the installers accept for Sharepoint and Exchange ( he moved them to a windows 2008 r2 server).

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.