Custom Update List - Crashing UPD

Hey,

I stumbled across this tool the other day and it has been awesome!

It has helped me to create a custom install of Windows that included most of the Windows updates.

I want to be able to maintain the ULZ file myself though if possible.

I have been able to unzip the contents of the ULZ file that comes from the Windows Updates Downloader and take a look inside.

I have followed the syntax (I hope anyway) to create a new entry. I used one of the updates that I was notified about when I did a fresh install of the Windows ISO I created.

For some reason though, whenever I load in the new ULZ file Windows Updates Downloader crashes afterwards. I have used the validation tool available here http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv .... but it doesn't report any errors.

It did the first time I ran it against the file I made, but I corrected it. (I had messed up on the date format)

I renamed the ul and ulz update file to: windows-7-sp1-x64-enu-2012-03-7.ul / windows-7-sp1-x64-enu-2012-03-7.ulz (not sure if this is an issue)

Here is the entry I entered. I am not really sure even if I should be adding this update. I just know that Windows notified me that I should be installing it

<update id="KB2532531" category="1" publishdate="2011-07-11" article="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2532531">
<title>Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2532531)</title>
<description>A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it.</description>
<filename>Windows6.1-KB2532531-x64.msu</filename>
<url>http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/6/0/A60028ED-B27B-420E-AF86-697E41901DBC/Windows6.1-KB2532531-x64.msu</url>
</update>

I am not sure if I have missed something, but I have been over it a few times and haven't been able to find my error.

Is there something else that I am missing?

I should almost mention that I changed the "lastupdate" attribute at the top of the file to this - lastupdate="2012-03-7"

Thank you,

Cheers

Edited by bourne

EDIT:

Okay so I tracked down what I did wrong :blink:

So stupid.... In the date format for the "lastupdate" field I had put "2012-03-8" to show today's date... Which as it turns out is completely wrong.

I had to add a 0 (zero) in front of the eight. So now it looks like this "2012-03-08"

Sorry for the stupid questions... I should have tried this from the get go but it honestly didn't cross my mind.

==========================================================================================================================

Hey,

So I think I might have been able to track down what was causing the issue.

When I change the "lastupdate" field in the "updatelist product" field is when UPD starts to crash.

I left the date alone, and added in the code I provided in the above post and UPD accepted the file.

I have obviously done something wrong in how I edited that date.

I will see if I can figure out why that is causing UPD to crash and report back.

Cheers

Edited by bourne