Which registry is causing this problem?

Hi guys,

I have merged one registry file which I got from a friend of mine, I have edited that registry (only removed some entries) and now I am getting this problem, the registry file which I have merged is attached. Please tell which specific registry is causing these black square at the place of shortcut arrows.

2u77x9x.jpg

Though these shortcut arrow problem can be rectified with tuneup utilities' "Link arrows are not displayed" I remember the registry has removed the shortcut arrows, but when I syspreped my OS and then captured my image I got these black squares in place of shortcut arrows.

I have faced similar problem in other OS as well and I am sure that was also because of this registry file. Please help me find that particular registry which is causing this problem. I have already searched but unable to ascertain which one is causing this problem.

My friend\'s registry.reg

Inside this Registry Tweaks, you can remove this reg files and you will have the shorcuts arrow displayed:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Remove " - Shortcut" Suffix from shortcuts

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"link"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]
"29"=hex(2):25,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,72,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,\
25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,68,\
00,65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,35,00,30,00,\

If you want change the registry keys inside your OS installed, you can use:

Restore_Shorcuts_arrow.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"link"=hex:1e,00,00,00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]

It's needed to restart the computer to see the changes!

You can also find some other help here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/151327-solved-shortcut-icons-corrupt/

Edited by myselfidem

I knew you would definitely help me, primarily I was about to address this thread to you, but then I decided otherwise. Thanks once again for helping me.

Though I have already rectified the problem with Tuneup Utilities but now atleast I know what was causing that problem.