the Hotstream tool / Looking for IC.exe & DX.exe

tomasz86

I wonder whether Gurgelmeyer shared his tool codenamed "Hotstream" which he used to merge multiple hotfixes into one.

If anyone has it somewhere, please share it!

I'm combining hotfixes manually so it takes a lot of time. I could do all the work much faster if I had that tool B)

Edited by tomasz86

• 2 weeks later...

As no one has replied I believe that Gurgelmeyer didn't share his tool with anyone...

but I have another request - does anyone have IC.exe (Internet Components) and DX.exe (DirectX) packs which were available to download by Gurgelmeyer?

I would be very thankful if you could share them :angel

Edited by tomasz86

• 2 weeks later...

Really no one has these files saved somewhere? :(

I wanted to use them to integrate IE6 in future UR2 and/or SP6... if no one has them then I'll have to prepare such installers myself :/

I did it.

I managed to recompile IE6 cabs to the MS update format :) For now just IE, not OE. I want to have IE and IE separately and give people a choice (MS doesn't - OE is bundled to IE).

New possiblities have been opened:

1. It will be possible to make a fully updated IE6 installer (you can replace the original files with newer ones from IE updates) which means that it's just one .exe file instead of IE6 main .cab files and several updates to it.

2. It should be possible to include such an IE in SP6 or Update Rollup 2.

Edited by tomasz86

• 6 years later...

Just for the record, I did finally manage to find the Gurgelmeyer's files. They are available to download from my Download Archive, if anyone is interested, but I personally have really not found use for them. They are just precompiled installers (with no newer updates and English language only) while I was specifically interested in the tool that was used to create them. As far as I know, the tool itself was not shared with anyone.