Windows 2008 R2 Wont take any updates

alex1002

My Windows 2008 R2 wont take any updates. Even installing Service Pack 1 installing service pack 1, get stuck at configuring service pack 15%. I looked over the logs, even installed the "System Update Readiness Tool" and no go. I looked over the logs and looks like it keeps on waiting for "poqexec.exe to complete". Tried SFC /scannow and didnt find any errors. Next tried in place upgrade and still no go with any updates.

Please run the Windows Explorer and go to the folder "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\" and copy all files to your document folder, also copy the setupapi.dev.log from the folder C:\Windows\Inf, the "C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log" and the file "C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log" to your document folder (otherwise you can't upload it), zip all files into 1 ZIP and upload the zip to mediafire.com and post a link here.

you entered the safe mode during installation of Updates:

2011-04-19 07:55:35, Error                 CBS    Startup: SafeMode: Safemode entered while needing to process Primitives, rolling back and cancelling the transaction. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]

this is not allowed. Why have you done this?

you entered the safe mode during installation of Updates:

2011-04-19 07:55:35, Error                 CBS    Startup: SafeMode: Safemode entered while needing to process Primitives, rolling back and cancelling the transaction. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]

this is not allowed. Why have you done this?

The system was stuck at 15% configuring service pack 1 and i had to go safe mode to rollback

I can see at 14% that the chipset drivers are configured (mshdc.inf) and next the pending.xml is used to do the pending operations.

You interrupted it after 11minutes:

2011-04-19 07:40:57, Info CBS Progress: UI message updated. Operation type: Service Pack. Stage: 1 out of 1. Percent progress: 15.

2011-04-19 07:51:41, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization.

wait longer.

Edited by MagicAndre1981