wus 2008 and 2003 ad

I'm using windows 2008 server for wus and windows 2003 ad. we have both xp and w7 clients.

I have a gpo for windows updates and settings seems to not hit the w7 clients.

I want it to only install on a certain day in the week and I have specify that in the gpo but w7 updates install automatically on the clients.

Any ideas?

Do I need a 2008 dc?

Have you looked at gpresult /v to see if the group policy is even applying on the win7 clients?

Yes the policy is applying on the win7 clients but the settings doesn't work.

If I look on the policy on the domain controller is says it is supported for windows 2003, windows xp...

post-184046-0-72371600-1300090168_thumb.

On the Win7 machines, run gpresult /h gpresult.htm, and then post the gpresult.htm here if possible.

I can't see the policy on win 7 client when I run gpresult.

If I run gpresult on a windows xp client I can see the policy...

OK, so the policy is not set to apply. Time to check your AD configuration and make sure the computer objects are in an OU that has that GPO applying to it - if not (and that seems the case), it will have to be linked to wherever those computer objects are in the AD structure.

OK, so the policy is not set to apply. Time to check your AD configuration and make sure the computer objects are in an OU that has that GPO applying to it - if not (and that seems the case), it will have to be linked to wherever those computer objects are in the AD structure.

Yes, Now when I doublecheck I can see that the policy is only applying on windows xp clients that are in that OU.

Should the policy apply to windows 7 clients?

It should - you might want to check and make sure someone isn't using a security filter or WMI filter to apply that policy, which would obvioiusly exclude Win7 clients.

Yes!

Obvioiusly the policy apply somehow on the w7 client.

post-184046-0-77684900-1300369941_thumb.

Edit: I checked the WMI filter - none.

Edited by zeezam

I have laborate more with this policy and w7 clients.

The policy seems to work but I can't see the policy if I run a gpresult /h gpresult.htm.

The problem before I guess was that we had autoaccept on all critical and security updates so the clients gets the updates auto.

Is there any other settings that prevent the users of installing updates?