Quicklaunch bar with 98Lite

diamant

I plan to try a "clean" test-installation of Win98SE with the program 98Lite, maybe without Internet Explorer.

Is ist possible to use the Quicklaunch-Option in the taskbar, if I simply deactivate Internet Explorer in 98Lite during Win98SE installation?

Or is the full Internet Explorer required for the Quicklaunch-bar?

Yes, you can remove Internet Explorer and still keep the quick launch toolbar, and any other toolbars you want to make.

That sounds good.

Is it needed to choose a special option in 98Lite during installation to keep the quick launch toolbar (but remove "the main" of Internet Explorer)?

Sorry about the delay. Missed your last post.

No, there are no special options you need to select as long as you're using the Win98 shell. Not sure about the 95 shell, don't have a copy of 95 to try it. I routinely remove all internet explorer components except for the protocol utilities. Toolbars still work fine.

The most common issue that results from removing Internet Explorer is that it breaks some apps that use certain IE files. If an app no longer works, profile it thru Dependency Walker. It will tell you what missing file(s) that app needs. Any Internet Explorer files that an app needs can be put in that apps own folder.