DNS and DHCP not updating the entry

albertwt

Hi,

I'm having mysterious issue that confused me for such a long time till now, I've got one DC which acted as DNS and DHCP as well. I'm using Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 64 bit AD integrated for both DNS and DHCP server.

However it is successfully giving out IP address to all IP enabled device and machine but when updating the DNS entry, only the Windows machine (workstations and server) gets their IP registered in the DNS server, therefore i cannot ping and access the other Linux machine apart from using IP address only.

restarting the DNS (plus RELOAD the entry) and DHCP services doesn't help at all and also entering the DHCP assigned IP address into the DNS server caused more problem since the address is assigned to different host already by DHCP but not gets updated in the DNS server (only to non-windows machine).

If anyone know how to diagnose and help me solve this problem that'd be very great helps.

Thanks.

Change the DNS server from secure updates only to a less secure setting for dynamic updates.

ah so in this case the term "secure" here refers to the non windows machine ? not the other DNS server type ? eg. BIND

Dynamic Updates - Nonsecure and secure --> is that what you mean ?