Adaptec 1210SA Driver problem on nlite XP boot cd

stevieg330

Hi,

I need to re-install Windows XP on my machine but it doesn't have the drivers for Adaptec 1210SA raid card I use built in. I have two SATA disks on this card in a RAID0 configuration. Traditionally I have used a floppy drive with a drivers disk to do this but it doesn't seem to be working.

So I used nlite to create a copy of my XP rom and added the drivers in and then created a new cd. Everything fine so far.

However I boot the machine on the cd and during the boot process I do see the Adaptec driver mentioned but unfortunately XP does not see any disks. I have tried every driver on the adaptec website and I get the same problem every time.

I know one of the drivers does work as it was the one I have previously installed from floppy disk. So I have no idea why, although everything seems fine on the cd creation, the Sata disks are not recognised.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Steve

Hi,

I need to re-install Windows XP on my machine but it doesn't have the drivers for Adaptec 1210SA raid card I use built in. I have two SATA disks on this card in a RAID0 configuration. Traditionally I have used a floppy drive with a drivers disk to do this but it doesn't seem to be working.

So I used nlite to create a copy of my XP rom and added the drivers in and then created a new cd. Everything fine so far.

However I boot the machine on the cd and during the boot process I do see the Adaptec driver mentioned but unfortunately XP does not see any disks. I have tried every driver on the adaptec website and I get the same problem every time.

I know one of the drivers does work as it was the one I have previously installed from floppy disk. So I have no idea why, although everything seems fine on the cd creation, the Sata disks are not recognised.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Steve

stevieg330, welcome. Without your Last Session.ini we could only offer wild guesses. In LARGE BOLD RED LETTERS above is a request for your Last Session.ini. Please attach it. Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

I didn't know what a session.ini file was when I posted, hence me not attaching it lol!

Here it is.

Kind Regards

Steve

I

stevieg330, welcome. Without your Last Session.ini we could only offer wild guesses. In LARGE BOLD RED LETTERS above is a request for your Last Session.ini. Please attach it. Enjoy, John.

Last Session.ini

Hi John,

I didn't know what a session.ini file was when I posted, hence me not attaching it lol!

Here it is.

Kind Regards

Steve

stevieg330, I went to the Adaptec site and DLed several of their drivers. It looks like to me that you used aar1210sa_win2k-xp-2k3_drv_b45a, which has a warning not to use it except to supplement the original (Caution: Use this driver to update an existing driver rather than for a full operating system installation.). I would suggest you use the aar1210sa_w2k-xp-2k3_drv_bld10 driver. You should place the txtsetup.oem file inside the W2000 folder then point nLite to it as a multiple driver. Make sure to specify that it is text mode driver. I am not sure how you use the update file except after installation. Please let us know how you make out. Enjoy, john.