Blue Screen of Death Problem

marcosgarcia3000

Well there are a lot of Mini 110c's. I linked to a random one. See the link that says (Not your product?)? You'll need the exact model number.

Perhaps read the manual that came with it and follow the recovery instructions there.

Well there are a lot of Mini 110c's. I linked to a random one. See the link that says (Not your product?)? You'll need the exact model number.

Perhaps read the manual that came with it and follow the recovery instructions there.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it but I held down every function key one by one but still nothing happens. The only thing that I can get into is the bios. Um not sure if I can put this here because I found a website that shows me how to install Windos XP on via a USB but can you help me understand what this section means "(use the ‘cd <directoryname>’ command to switch folders and ‘dir’ command to list contents of a directory you are in.)

Now type ‘bootsect.exe /nt52 X:‘ NOTE ‘X:‘ is the drive letter for the USB Flash Drive or Memory Card that you just formatted. Please change this value accordingly. What this does is write the correct boot sector to your USB Flash Drive or Memory Card, this allows your PC to boot from the USB Flash Drive or Memory Card. Without it nothing works."

cd does change directory. dir lists the contents of the current directory.

Try it out by going to run then type cmd, press enter.

Type cd C:\

You should now be in C:\

Type dir

It should list files/folders in C:\

Put bootsect.exe in C:\.

Lets say your USB is drive F

Type bootsect.exe /nt52 F:

commandprompt.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I just got the BSOD on my Compaq Mini 110c I can only access safe mode. Here is the error code STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x806373F1, 0XA770199C,0x00000000). What did do from doing research is scanned the registry, scanned for virus, and spyware while in safe mode, but I still get the BSOD? Also, I tried to access the partition using F11 and Alt-F11 while booting and it does nothing. Any suggestions? Thank You

You are getting this error code due to following reasons...

Option A

1.) Update your Windows XP with the latest Service Pack. Download the latest Service Pack 3 from Microsoft.

Refer to Microsoft KB on You receive random "0x0000008E" error message on a blue screen in Windows XP .

Option B

Possible causes of this error may include the following:

•Hard disk damage

•General hardware configuration problems with the BIOS, the memory, the hard disk, or with other devices

•Incompatible device driver

•Incompatible software

Refer to Microsoft KB on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945658/.

• 2 weeks later...