windows 2008 server sp2 problem

death123

good day, im having problem updating the windows 2008 server standard sp1 to sp2 in my pc. the thing is after i finished some critical updates in sp1 and expecting the sp2 to come next, it didnt come out >.<. i waited for a couple of days and still i cant receive the sp2 update. i tried downloading the manual installer of sp2 from the microsoft site,i install it and i after a few click i received this message.

"one or more system components that the service pack requires are missing"

its sure is headache on how am i gonna fix this issue. i tried google it and i encountered one thread saying that the problem is the vlite. they say that i should remove the vlite in the regedit. i tried it instantly i receive the update for sp2 but, when the sp2 installation occurred then suddenly i got an error message and the installation stop.

need help pls.. im looking for a solution for a couple of days now with no luck.

thank you.

#1 You REALLY shouldn't be using a vLited server 2008...

#2 vLite is not for buisness or corporate usage.

#3 You WILL HAVE to start with a fresh installation off of your ORIGINAL, unmodifed, Server 2008 disk.

#4 If you don't have a original disk we cannot help you in any way.

Please note I am not trying to be too harsh on you. There has just been way to many people lately using nLite\vLite for corp uses and wanting help. Also there is too many people using iso's they got illegaly off of the net.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

vlite is not used on original windows disks of ANY type.

If vLite was used on the disk you bought you bought an illegall disk and need to report the seller to the authorities.

Server 2008 is available in trial versions that can be freely downloaded from microsoft. The only limitation is that each installation is good for 6 months.

I will hunt up the link for you and post it in this post.

Server 2008 trial original (Both 32 and 64 bit) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc137123.aspx

Server 2008 r2 (ONLY 64 bit now) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian