BBC Flash Player Problem

frogman

I still use Firefox 2.0.0.20 and of course Windows 98 S.E.

I noticed today that the display on the embedded BBC video player showed up in black, but the sound played fine, but after going to their home page and finally managing to view the player as a pop out it appeared to view correctly.

Why would that be, why work on the pop out but not when embedded on their web page?

I would imagine this is a Firefox version issue.

Importantly I have Flash player 9.280 installed.

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall, there are two different types of Flash Player, the "Active X" for IE and the "Plugin" for Mozilla/Firefox. Have you installed both?

Joe.

Yes, I have installed Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX Installer for I.E, and Adobe® Flash® Player Plugin Installer for FF, both are version 9.283.

Yes, I have installed Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX Installer for I.E, and Adobe® Flash® Player Plugin Installer for FF, both are version 9.283.

Well, I had the strange notion that perhaps standalone operation (which may or may not be the same as "pop out") used the ActiveX and embedded operation used the Plugin, but I guess that was "clutching at straws".

All I can suggest now is to uninstall and re-install Firefox and the Plugin. (Having said that, the Plugin works fine for me with Firefox, yet the ActiveX doesn't work for me at all with IE, and I've yet to find a fix. I rarely use IE anyway, so it's just a minor nuisance.)

Joe.