Post install issues in RIS image

Hello I created an post install script to add some groups to the workstation. For some reason this is failing on an image I just created. Can someone help me? Here is my code:

net localgroup Administrators XXXX-Admins /add>>c:\postinstall\PostInstallReport.txt error message "System error 1789: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

net localgroup "Remote Desktop Users" XXXX-Admins /add>>c:\postinstall\PostInstallReport.txt error message "System error 1789: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

net localgroup Administrators XXXX-XXXX /add>>c:\postinstall\PostInstallReport.txt error message "System error 1789: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

You can't set a domain group to a local group if the machine account the image deploys with is not correctly added to the domain. That error would indicate that the computer object in the domain either doesn't exist, or hasn't been ACLed properly during the domain join. How is this machine being domain-joined?

I thought it gets joined through sif instructions here is what I have. Is this is wrong please tell me how to properly join a new RIS image to the domain

[GuiUnattended]

OemSkipWelcome = 1

OemSkipRegional = 1

AdminPassword="password"

TimeZone = %TIMEZONE%

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

OEMDuplicatorstring="Windows XP-SP2"

TimeZone=35

[identification]

JoinDomain = XXXXXX

DomainAdmin= "XXXXX"

DomainAdminPassword= "XXXXX"

DoOldStyleDomainJoin = Yes

No, that's correct. One common reason for such an error is trying to run net localgroup commands on a machine that has joined the domain but hasn't rebooted after it was successful (what happens if you reboot and try the script manually???).

I think it maybe something wrong with the sif file or image.We have another image that I didn't setup that works fine with the run once post install script. I created this new image with NLITE only. Where do I go check in AD and RIS to see if the accounts are the same?

Riprep images work with RIS, as well as simply using pre-sysprep'ed OSes. I'd sugest riprep if you are stuck with RIS, or migrating to WDS and creating WIM images there if you aren't stuck on the older RIS technology for any specific reason.

I've already have Riprep an image. The problem with Riprep is that it only works for the same model machine. We have several models,so we need a base image for multiple machines. Unfortunately I can't switch to WDS right now. Do you have a link to a WDS guide if we decide to upgrade? I appreciate your assistance.

Riprep images work with RIS, as well as simply using pre-sysprep'ed OSes. I'd sugest riprep if you are stuck with RIS, or migrating to WDS and creating WIM images there if you aren't stuck on the older RIS technology for any specific reason.

What you might want to do is consider WDS + MDT 2010 (update 1). This allows you to deploy XP flat-file setup, but from a WinPE bootstrap from WDS. It's the goodness of flat-file installs to meet your needs for a "universal" install point, but with the automation and WinPE goodness from Win7. There really isn't a better way (short of using SCCM 2007) to deploy XP. RIS is just painful, honestly, and it's a wonder we used it for so long ;).