Network neighborhood is driving me insane

hotdog5919

I'm sorry if this info has been posted before but I can't find it. I cannot see my laptop or any other computers on my network places (view workgroup computers)at the office. The laptop has xp home. I can ping everyone & we can play lan games but they just refuse to show up in my network places. We are all in the same workgroup & sharing is enabled & firewall is not. All the other computers can see each other but not me. We are plugged into a plain Linksys 5 port hub. I have no problem connecting to the internet via the dialup connection at the front office computer. I have an assigned ip address & my gateway is the front office computer. My preferred DNS server address I think is the front office also. I use netswitcher on this laptop & it works perfectly on my network at home. We are using TCP/IP. Thanks in advance!!

First check the article referenced below.

Make sure to read that article thoroughly.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharin...orksetupwiz.htm

Second,

If that does not help simply post as such and I will try to help you further.

I personally used that site when I first set up my XP LAN, worked great.

Further when you go into My Network Places, what appears? Are there any folders or files?

Second have you tried going to the view tab and scrolling down to the refresh? I know my laptop would never show up after I disconnected it from the LAN, and then reconnected it. I always have to hit view then refresh. It then flashes and viola, it shows up.

Big Booger