UAC shut off

George27

I just did a reinstall os win 7 64 on a Dell. Prior in the last installation everything pretty much worked as it did with XP. This time I turn off the UAC and I still get constant messages for permission.Certain software which worked In the last install doesn't work I can't get Mike Linn's Startup Monitor to work. I am an Admin but to change the account to the lesser is greyed out is that right? Also my Canoscan Lide 25 the drivers worked fine in the last install now Win7 is say they are 32 bit drivers and the win update isn't loading up drivers it had always shown before. Any help is appreciated.

Hi George,

I have a script that I have created that disabled all UAC notifications. You must run this script as the local administrator of your pc.

@ECHO OFF
ECHO This script will disable UAC on Windows 7 and Windows Vista machines. Created by Michael Perks 2010
ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------------
ECHO Disabling UAC Now
%windir%\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
ECHO UAC Disabling Complete
ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------------
ECHO UAC Elevation of privileges
%windir%\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
PAUSE
ECHO Elevation Complete
ECHO UAC Disabled
Pause
Exit

If command prompt stop's at the start waiting for a new command to be typed in, just type in "exit". You need to save this into a batch script file i.e UACdisable.bat

Any issues at all give me a yell!

Phalebus