new user default settings

Hi,

I would like to somehow define settings for new users account I setup, ie I would like to do following for ALL accounts which will be created on new system:

1. theme - Windows classic

2. system settings - advanced - performance - visual effects - Adjust for best performance + select few options

3. power options - high performance (disable sleep in xx minutes and no screensaver in xx minutes)

4. some tweaks to task bar (no common task, no autohide icons in tray)

Which tool will allow me to those things? I'm new to win7 customization, and never played with vista - straight to win7 from xp.

Thanks

For 1, 2, and 4, if you set the Administrator profile up before you sysprep, look into the CopyProfile section of the unattended file. For 3, you'll probably have to script these using powercfg.

Hey vasechka, what I do to set options for each user created is by using SETUPCOMPLETE.CMD. I put all registry tweaks that go to [HKEY_USERS\DefaultUser\ in a single file and let it run as such. I know some of the things you want to do are available through this method. Here is a link that may help you slightly with power settings, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935799. If you would like any of the reg tweaks I use or anything feel free to let me know. Have a good one.

Kevin