New Vista Image

ZEndUser

HI,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the purpose of this program. I want to make an updated vista installation disk from my laptop once its been set to the default factory settings, cleaned of all the junk and has the most recent windows updates installed. I've started out by trying to create a recovery disk from just the Toshiba Recovery DVDs that came with the laptop but continue to run into issues.

Currently, I've copied the 2 dvds to one folder and moved the swm files to the sources folder and renamed them to INSTALL*.SWM. I started vLite and selected the parent folder for sources and it opens the "locate all image parts" dialog. All parts are in the folder so I press continue. This causes an error: "Error while acquiring other images. Code: 183 File:<path I've saved to>\sources\INSTALL.SWM". I haven't found any information regarding this issue and the only option is to press OK after which it continues rebuilding the image. Then the image isn't usable causing an out of bounds error after saying error loading boot.wim.

Am I missing a step or can I just not use the toshiba DVDs? Should I be making an image from my current machine somehow to get the updated version of vista I want for recovery?