Need help debugging my Sysprep.xml file please

@clivebuckwheat

Of course, I suggest you to upgrade the "Windows 7 professionnel" because I've seen that your are working inside an enterprise!

If you want add some language packs for your personnal use, as cluberti said, you can.

You can download the language packs here:

Language Packs x86 and x64

If you want convert .exe files to .cab files, you can use a program made by Blue4603 and download it at the layout:

exe2cab.exe

Method:

How to

Add local packs:

Add and remove local packs

More help here:

Tutorial

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd755995(WS.10).aspx

I hope that will help you!

We are using Windows 7 Professional , but after sysprepping the image I lose the other two languages everything else is fine. It's a known issue with sysprep, that I am trying to find a work around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

It's a new sysprep.xml!

Difficult to read it!

Unattended Windows Setup Reference for Windows 7(chm):

SkipUserOOBE

SkipUserOOBE specifies whether to skip the Welcome Center pop-up window in Windows Vista®.

Note:

This setting is deprecated. In Windows® 7, it has been replaced by the Getting Started application, which is available in the Start menu.

SkipMachineOOBE

SkipMachineOOBE specifies whether to skip Windows® Welcome.

Important:

This setting is deprecated.

SkipMachineOOBE should be used only in a test environment, and you should never ship a computer with the SkipMachineOOBE setting configured to true.

If you use this setting, Windows Welcome will be skipped, and any settings that a user selects during Windows Welcome will not be configured. For example, user-account creation, language, and time-zone settings will not be configured. Some Windows features may not function, as they depend on Windows Welcome values such as ProtectYourPC, which does not include a default value.

To skip Windows Welcome, we recommend that you:

Add values for Windows Welcome screens. For information, see Automate Windows Welcome.

-or-

Boot to audit mode. For information, see Microsoft-Windows-Deployment\Reseal.

I think it's needed a space beetween each input local, like this:

<InputLocale>en-US; en-CA; fr-CA</InputLocale> 

Maybe you need also a LocalAccount:

Edited by myselfidem

I've found some help here:

http://technet.micro...336(WS.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/dd744360(WS.10).aspx

The Language-Pack Removal Task

Licensing requirements state that Windows 7 can include only a single language, with the exception of the Windows 7 Ultimate and the Windows 7 Enterprise editions. For these single-language editions, Windows will automatically remove all non-default languages from the computer. This applies only to Windows 7. For Windows Server® 2008 R2, you can install multiple language packs on all editions.

On single-language editions of Windows, all non-default language packs will be deleted from the computer. The language pack removal task will start 25 -60 minutes after the end user restarts the operating system. The language packs will be removed during idle time.

Running the Sysprep tool resets the language-pack removal clock. The clock will not start again until the next time Windows Welcome runs and the computer is restarted. If you customize your Windows image, consider booting to audit mode and making your customizations. The language pack removal task will not be activated when you boot to audit mode. For more information about audit mode, see Customize Windows in Audit Mode. You can also update your Windows image offline without booting the image. For more information, see Service an Offline Image

Using the SkipMachineOobe setting in the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component does not skip the language-pack removal task.

Edited by myselfidem

Could I not put this key below?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload]

"1"="00000409"

"2"="00000c0c"

"3"="00001009"

in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

So no matter who logs in they will get the right keyboards languages?

What would be the best way to accomplish this? in the sysprep.xml or would another way be better. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by clivebuckwheat

I've found some help here:

InputLocal

ANSI CODE

1) It seems that works!

<InputLocale>0409:00000409;1009:00001009;0c0c:00000c0c</InputLocale>

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dd744360(WS.10).aspx

2) Maybe you can use DISM Offline to Set InputLocale:

Dism /image:C:\test\offline /Set-InputLocale:0c0c:00000c0c

Sets the input locales and keyboard layouts to use in the offline Windows image.

The value of the <input_locale>:<keyboard_layout> pair can be one of the following:

<language_id:keyboard_layout>

For example, 0409:00000409

<locale_name>

For example, if you specify en-US as the local name, The Set-InputLocale: option also sets the default keyboard layout defined for this locale.

You can specify more than one value by using semicolons as separators. This is useful when you want to include support for multiple keyboards on a single computer. The first value will be set as the default keyboard.

The valid keyboard layouts that can be configured on your computer are listed in the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts

For a list of the default input locale values, see Understanding Language Packs.

Use the hexadecimal value of the language ID and keyboard layout that you intend to configure.

This parameter is optional.

*Edit: post updated

Edited by myselfidem