disable WMP9 first run dialog

I've been using XP with SP2 integrated since 2 months, and whether its home edition or pro, the WMP9 first-time run invariably comes up, despite me applying my WMP9 regtweaks.

In SP1, applying those tweaks used to be enough. I don't want to apply those .reg at first-logon, because it would then apply only to that user. I normally apply the wmp9.reg (attached below) at T -13 (through cmdlines), and SP1 never protested, it worked as it should. I suppose there's a new key in the registry that sets the first-time run flag on or off. Or maybe some WMP9 registry hives are applied after registering components (i.e., after cmdlines.txt stage).

The interesting thing is that everything's being applied (all my preferences) perfectly, with no losses/rejections (I really ran regedit at T-13 and checked) and after a reboot, all my settings are retained, except that the first-time run dialog box still runs its **** self.

How have you people done it? (Or has anybody been able to do it at all ?)

I saw an entry in gpedit.msc that disables first-run, but there's no way I can export/import gpedit settings unattended.

This Q may not exactly fit into this side of the forum, but there's no separate section for unattended SP2.

wmp9.reg

Edited by prathapml