Semi-unattended XP Pro SP2 install

Hello, there are 100 laptop computers all with WinXP Pro stickers that need XP installed, as well as drivers & applications. I was reading the tutorial at http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp which mentioned a full-auto install, with a pre-set Product ID. This would not work for me since each laptop has a different key, but I read another thread which seems to have answered my question, but I want to make sure.

http://www.msfn.org/board/unattended-install-t141256-pid-904108.html

This thread talks about leaving the entry for the product ID blank in unattend.txt

They say that by doing that, the process is not truly unattended, but would everything BUT the product ID go on unattended, or would that break the whole unattended process? I don't mind if it pauses to ask for the ID, as I will be around the computers to enter the info as it asks for it, but everything else about the process would be great to be automated.

Thanks in advanced for any help & suggestions you have.

Welcome to MSFN.

As far as I know, you will be prompted to insert the product key and things will continue unattendedly (is this a word?). Now, I read some time ago, probably on the Win7 forum, about a script where you enter all the product keys you have and assigns them to given PCs. If it can be done on XP, it would give you a fully unattended process.

Okay, cool, thanks for the confirmation. If I have any more questions, I'll be back. :) I'll soon start to work on this project (perhaps Monday or Tuesday).

Have a great day!