Missing Desktop Folders/Files [Please Help]

johntappin

Hello all,

Everything was working fine until yesterday. This morning when I woke up, I realized that 3 folders were missing from my Desktop. The folders had all my articles I wrote for publication. There was nothing else in each one.

I tried every possible way to find the files again but no luck. Basically the 3 folders are GONE(VANISHED)in the blue. I tried to search the files name but there is nothing on my computer. It is not that the folders are hidden because they are not as I have searched by folder names and file names but nothing comes up.

I tried all sort of Recovery Tools but no luck, the problem is that none of them are detecting the files as deleted. So I am not sure how can I restore them if they are not found as deleted at first place.

When I try to search for a file name like I had an article named "child problems.odt" I get results in my Explorer but they are not actual files but rather Type: Shortcut in the folder/Recent.

There were about 60 articles and it took me more than 3 months to write. Can someone please help me here. I am disperate. I tried to do a disk scan for problems but no luck. I ran antivirus scan but no luck..I do not have limewire or any other p2ps. It is my work computer.

Here are the Specs

Windows 7 x64

Quad Core

4 Gig Ram

Please someone help me here..

Thank you in advance.