Can Not Add User To Active Directory

Redhatcc

Here is a screenshot of what i have so far. I installed DNS, the prefered DNS for this server is itself (127.0.0.1), i also installed ADDS. When i atempt to add lets say Bob Joe, the password always returns the error as shown in the image below, when i click finished.

s2k8error.jpg

Hm - if you can connect to the AD and create objects (but not reset passwords), I doubt it's actually a DNS issue. Sounds more like a kerberos or permissions issue, although I've not seen this particular one before. What happens if you set it's primary DNS to it's public static IP (rather than localhost)?

well it was when i was creating accounts, seems to be a setting that forces complex passwords, since when i use a password such as joe123, i get that error, or a password of joe, i get an error. But when i use the password Joe123 or Black88 (something with a cap letter and number combination in the password) it works.

It very likely is password complexity but you usually get a message that says "the password does not meet the complexity requirements...". If this is the same server as your other thread you've got some other issues going on that we need to figure out.

First, you mentioned that the preferred DNS server is 127.0.0.1. What other DNS servers do you have configured in the network properties?