Possible to replace Windows XP default search?

Chozo4

Greetings everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possible to remove [as much as possible] the default search function of Windows XP and replace it with an alternative search program. I've been successful in changing the 'Search...' context menu entries for both drives and directories so far.

However, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to replace the Search -> 'for Files and Folders...' entry in the windows Classic Start Menu or at least point it to a different program/location. I found something that could do the such for the StartMenu but that does not work for the classic start menu.

If possible, is there anyway to also remove the In-Pane Search feature in favour of the alternative search program of choice? Such as hooking/replacing the Winkey+F (on desktop) and CTRL+F (in folder views) to load it instead of the In-Pane Search (which I find incredibly annoying and lackluster).

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Agent Ransack is a free version of FileLocator Pro. FileLocator integrates 100% into the search function if you choose. Agent Ransack installs in the context menu as well as the Start menu right under the Windows search.

I prefer Ransack muhself.