Two problems with Outlook 2000

Guest wsxedcrfv

Guest wsxedcrfv

My computer (win-98se) has a correctly modified time-zone registry entry for my time zone so it knows the correct date when DST starts and ends. The clock in the bottom corner of my screen says 10:45 pm EST, and it's currently set for GMT-5.

In Outlook 2000 (version SP-3, 9.0.0.6627) I just recieved an e-mail with the following in the header:

--------------

Received: from (sender's out-bound SMTP server) by (my corporate server) for (me),

Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:39:12 -0500

My corporate server has the correct time and time-zone offset.

Received: from (some intermediate machine) by (sender's out-bound SMTP server) for (me)

Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:38:17 -0400

The second recieved line indicates that the intermediate machine has the right time, but wrong offset.

Received: from (the sender's machine) by (intermediate machine)

28 Mar 2010 10:25:56 -0400

The sender's SMTP server seems to have the right time, but wrong offset. The sender is also in the Eastern Time zone.

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:27:25 -0500

The sender's machine seems to have the right time and time-zone offset.

---------------

In Outlook 2000, outlook is showing me the above e-mail (in the e-mail list pane) with a time of 11:39 am. When I double-click the message to open it in it's own window, Outlook displays a time of 10:27 am in the grey header-type area above the actual message window.

In Outlook, Tools, Options, Calendar options, time-zone, I have Time Zone: GMT-5 (Eastern time USA Canada) and a check in the "adjust for daylight savings time".

The current time says "10:57 am". The option "show an additional time zone" is not checked.

So my question is - where exactly (or why) is outlook getting the "11:39 am" time that it's using when it displays the recieved time for this e-mail in the message list pane?

Another example:

---------------

Received: from (an IP web-camera) by (my server) for (me)

Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:55:45 -0500

--------------

The camera is on the same LAN as my server. The camera connected directly to my mail server to send an e-mail to a local account (mine). The header of this e-mail does not have a DATE: line. The camera did not stamp any line in the header with a time-stamp of it's own. Outlook displays this e-mail in the list pane with a time of 11:56 am.

When I open the e-mail, outlook prints "Sent: none" in the grey header area above the message window. The "none" must be due to the fact that there is no actual Date: line in the e-mail header.

But again, outlook displays a recieved time that is +1 hour after the real received time.

Next problem:

I have outlook configured to retreive e-mail from four pop3 accounts (using port 110) and one pop3 account (using port 995). I'm having problems with one of the accounts using port 110, so in Tools, Options, Mail Services, under "Check for new mail on" I've removed the check box associated with that account. I've closed outlook and restarted several times. But outlook is still trying to log into that account to check for mail. Why is it doing that, and how do I get it to stop?