Server 2008 r2 shutdown button missing from start menu

Guest wsxedcrfv

Guest wsxedcrfv

I'm running Multipoint 2010 which runs on top of (or is based on) Server 2008 r2. I've changed the start menu by adding a third-party classic start menu "helper" or thing (source forge). I don't really have any familiarity with these server OS's or remote desktop, but Multipoint 2010 has 2 basic start options - Maintenance mode and Normal mode. Maintenance mode gives you a single-user desktop, and Normal mode allows multiple logins from different consoles (keyboards) connected to the system. I'm thinking that Normal mode is really some form of remote desktop. Anyways, I think there is some connection between the following: Remote Desktop (RDP), the use of a Classic Start Menu, and a missing Shutdown option on the start menu. Instead of a Shutdown button, I have a "Disconnect" button and Logoff button. I need to somehow add the shutdown button back to the start menu.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

The Shutdown and Restart options don't appear through RDP sessions. This was done to prevent accidental shutdowns or restarts of servers. Select the "Windows Security" option from the Start Menu. Once you do that the option to Shutdown or Restart is available in the lower right-hand corner. See the attached screenshots (taken from a Server 2008 R2 RDP session).

post-31126-127041152839_thumb.jpg

post-31126-127041153536_thumb.jpg