Unattended Sever 2008 R2 to Pre-install Desktop Experience

Hi all Dear Friends,

How can I make an unattended Windows Server 2008 R2 that pre-install Desktop Experience and active Aero and active theme service during installation.

and also it doesn't check "Windows Server 2008 Password Complexity Requirements"

I mount install.wim with windows AIK but I don't know which of component must change.

thanks alot.

and also it doesn't check "Windows Server 2008 Password Complexity Requirements"

Password Complexity can be done via importing a modified security template. Read whole thread, pay attention to post #6 here.

I would research using the Enable-Feature command to pre-enable themes using DISM. (it is disabled by default on W2K8-R2)

Not sure about AERO, but I would look into if you couldn't just modify the registry offline to enable that one.

Edited by MrJinje

Password Complexity can be done via importing a modified security template. Read whole thread, pay attention to post #6 here.

I would research using the Enable-Feature command to pre-enable themes using DISM. (it is disabled by default on W2K8-R2)

Not sure about AERO, but I would look into if you couldn't just modify the registry offline to enable that one.

Thanks alot dear friend.

But that topic is about unattend XP.

Can I use that method for Server 2008 R2?

But that topic is about unattend XP.

Can I use that method for Server 2008 R2?

It's close but not quite the same method for W2K8-R2.

Link 1

Link 2

they moved the templates into the C:\windows\inf folder and gave them different names (see link 1)

• Defltsv.inf (for servers)

• Defltdc.inf (for DCs)

You'll have to play around with it until you figure it out. You might be better off following the advice of the blog team in post #1 (MMC)

Edited by MrJinje