How to change/hack windows XP installation with my own language

bravosix

I try to modify windows XP installation CD with nLite. but I want to change the string of the default installation language(english) with my own language.

Is there any way to modify/hack language in windows XP installation file, so it can showed in the user interface installation process?

What tools can I use? Which file should I hacked?

Thanks before. :thumbup

Edited by bravosix

I cant do that, cos my language(Javanese) version of windows XP installation CD is not availble. :}

Maybe i'll try to change the language string in the wind xp installation file manually, if there's any way to do that.

Edited by bravosix

bravosix, first, please attach your Last Session as requested at the top in RED. I have used only English (ENU) versions of Windows in English, but have you looked at the Regional tab of the Unattended task of nLite ( I find no Javanese - perhaps there is another term used). Have you researched the Multilingual User Interface (MUI)? I have only heard of it but know there has been some discussions about it here. Please do some searching. Enjoy, John.

Sorry, I thought you wanted to modify the whole Windows GUI, but you obviously only want the install screens to be changed. As Mooms suggests, you beter post in the "Customize Windows" forum, maybe this can be moved there.

• 2 weeks later...