Office 2007 Enterprise

hag672

Hi:

Sometimes being blind and multiply disabled is a drag; especially when I have to have an aide assist me most of the time.

I have Office 2007 Enterprise from my company. It must be an unattended because it simply starts to install everything without any options. The vlk is not asked for.

Once it installs everything, I have to go into add/remove and select change to modify the installation, and then reboot to finish the setup changes.

I'd like to be able to:

1. Make it possible to select the installation type, and select the programs, and options to install

2. Integrate sp2 into the installation.

It would make it much easier for me when my system goes down.

Because I use specialized software and hardware due to my disability, sometimes I have to totally reinstall everything.

That is hard for me.

Can anyone assist me?

hag672 :rolleyes:

OK! I just tested the admin file being in the updates folder and, YES that is most likely what they have done.

SO:

OK Here goes:

#1 Make sure you have 07 enterprise office!

#2 Run it with the following switch = setup.exe /admin

#3 Follow all of the instructions paying alot of attention to the "Licensing and User interface" section enter the serial and select Display level = none

#4 save the resulting file as "Your-Name-here.msp" and add that file to the office 07 updates folder. Don't use spaces in the file name!

Thats all there is 4 easy steps!!!!

Adding the hotfixes and updates:

SP2 = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...81-9db49b4ab6e5

All current hotfixes as of 1\16\2010 = http://rapidshare.com/files/336390886/Offi...ack-glb-0116.7z

If you don't know the key offhand go here:

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ and get then run this program.

Edit: After revisiting my post I see I left out a concise todo order.

#1 Download all files I give links to

#2 Run the keyfinder & Copy your Office07 key

#3 Copy the office 07 disk to a folder (Say c:\office07) & Delete the files in the update folder.

#4 Run the setup with the following switch: setup.exe /admin

#5 Make the admin file & save it to the updates folder

#6 Run the sp with the following switch: office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:c:\office07\updates

#7 Extract ALL files from the hotfix pack to the same updates folder

#8 Clean up your updates folder by deleting all files except .msp ones

#9 Burn the whole set of folders and files to a DVD (See pic)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

OK! I just tested the admin file being in the updates folder and, YES that is most likely what they have done.

SO:

OK Here goes:

#1 Make sure you have 07 enterprise office!

#2 Run it with the following switch = setup.exe /admin

#3 Follow all of the instructions paying alot of attention to the "Licensing and User interface" section enter the serial and select Display level = none

#4 save the resulting file as "Your-Name-here.msp" and add that file to the office 07 updates folder. Don't use spaces in the file name!

Thats all there is 4 easy steps!!!!

Adding the hotfixes and updates:

SP2 = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...81-9db49b4ab6e5

All current hotfixes as of 1\16\2010 = http://rapidshare.com/files/336390886/Offi...ack-glb-0116.7z

If you don't know the key offhand go here:

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ and get then run this program.

Edit: After revisiting my post I see I left out a concise todo order.

#1 Download all files I give links to

#2 Run the keyfinder & Copy your Office07 key

#3 Copy the office 07 disk to a folder (Say c:\office07) & Delete the files in the update folder.

#4 Run the setup with the following switch: setup.exe /admin

#5 Make the admin file & save it to the updates folder

#6 Run the sp with the following switch: office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:c:\office07\updates

#7 Extract ALL files from the hotfix pack to the same updates folder

#8 Clean up your updates folder by deleting all files except .msp ones

#9 Burn the whole set of folders and files to a DVD (See pic)

Hi Kel: (you'll forgive me if I shortened the name because my screen reader only captured the first part)

I had my aide look into the updates folder, and found admin.msp.

I created another .msp file with the full default display level, product key entered, but allowed the eula to be shown.

I also named the file admin.msp.

I updated the updates folder, and burned a new iso with Ultraiso. I loaded the iso on a virtual dvd, and it worked fine. Everything showed up like I wanted it to.

I then went back and added all of the .msp files from the ofice 2007 sp2 into the updates folder. I again created the iso, and mounted it for testing.

When I ran the disk the initial screen popped up for a second, and then disappeared while doing a full install with the sp2 patches as well.

If I only place the admin.msp file there into the updates folder everything works fine. If I place even 1 .msp file there also nothing is displayed during a complete install.

I even renamed the admin.msp file to different names with the same results.

hag672

Edited by hag672

I think you may have found a flaw in MS's practices...

What does that mean? Is there a way around this? Is there a way to build an executable with all of the service pack 2 files, and all of the hotfix patch files?

Hag672 :rolleyes:

Someone slightly more knowledgable than me will have to answer what switches you need to add the hotfixes into a SFX package.

(But yes they can ALL be added into a package to run silently)

I am not sure why the inclusion of the hotfixes into the updates folder kills the unattended process.

It likely has to do with creating the new .msp answer file with the same name as the old. Try something not named admin.msp (make it descriptive if you want, but avoid using common names like "unattend.msp" or "admin.msp", etc, and start from scratch with setup.exe /admin (don't load an existing file, create a new one). Clean the updates dir of all answer files, then save your new one there. Put SP2 and any post-SP2 updates you need in the folder, and it should work as long as you don't automate anything other than the product key.

The only reason a setup should fully automate is if you told it to - none of the Microsoft service packs or update packages include automation either, they're driven solely by the Office 2007 setup. It's possible that the admin.msp file was simply corrupted in some way, or you chose a set of options that caused automation. If done properly, there should be no need for creating an SFX or anything of that nature, just use the Updates folder and a new, descriptively-named .msp file without automation and you should be quite fine.

It likely has to do with creating the new .msp answer file with the same name as the old. Try something not named admin.msp (make it descriptive if you want, but avoid using common names like "unattend.msp" or "admin.msp", etc, and start from scratch with setup.exe /admin (don't load an existing file, create a new one). Clean the updates dir of all answer files, then save your new one there. Put SP2 and any post-SP2 updates you need in the folder, and it should work as long as you don't automate anything other than the product key.

The only reason a setup should fully automate is if you told it to - none of the Microsoft service packs or update packages include automation either, they're driven solely by the Office 2007 setup. It's possible that the admin.msp file was simply corrupted in some way, or you chose a set of options that caused automation. If done properly, there should be no need for creating an SFX or anything of that nature, just use the Updates folder and a new, descriptively-named .msp file without automation and you should be quite fine.

Hi Cluberti:

I rebuild my control file again, and added just the Office SP2 .msp files. It worked fine.

What I would like to do is remove Groove, and OneNote altogether. I'd like to get this on a CD instead of a DVD.

I have locked out and hidden these 2 component features for testing.

How do I remove these features altogether without corrupting the complete install.

Also, I have MS Office Pro Plus which includes the Business Contact manager. Is there any way of adding that into my Enterprise build?

Thanks,

hag672 :rolleyes:

Edited by hag672

I can't really answer #1, as I don't do a lot of the office hacking for size that some folks do - however, just removing all of the language binaries and folders other than the one you're actually installing can (depending on the language(s) you keep) sometimes be enough to get down under 700MB - the updates are what causes it to grow, however.

As to #2, I'm not sure about that either - the features in the Office disc are licensed for the version they came with, so I'm not sure you can easily put them onto the same disc and use the same installer for both. I'm assuming you're licensed for both and just want both on the same machine, but short of making the Office 2007 components from a non-Enterprise CD into a self-extracting and installing executable, I'm not sure it can easily be done. I'll leave that to others who do more installation modification than I - all of my installs are from enterprise media for those features, and usually from SCCM.