Crashes on Windows 7 [BSOD]

EverIncompetent

So I was using my computer and it suddenly got a BSOD... again. :} I looked at several posts on this forum and did what it seems everyone wants in this situation, I tried to create a full dump file. I think I managed it with the instructions on one post using a directory called C:\adplus. The folder that it created is attached. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix the crashes? I have used WhoCrashed to determine that Csrss.exe was the process that ended most times, and once it was wininit. I don't have any idea what to do to read a crash report, maybe you guys do. Thanks for any help you can give.

Crash_Mode__Date_01_10_2010__Time_16_24_27PM.zip

Edited by EverIncompetent

I can look for dumps. Meanwhile I will give you some specs/WhoCrashed info.

Specs:

Intel 2.00 GHz Dual Core Processor

4 GB Ram

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

On Fri 1/1/2010 9:03:57 PM your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: csrss.exe

Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8006C5BB30, 0xFFFFFA8006C5BE10, 0xFFFFF80002BD7240)

Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010110-26067-01.dmp

file path: C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Client Server Runtime Process

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/1/2010 6:11:16 PM your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: csrss.exe

Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8006E73B30, 0xFFFFFA8006E73E10, 0xFFFFF80002BCD240)

Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010110-30139-01.dmp

file path: C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe

description: Client Server Runtime Process

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/1/2010 5:25:48 PM your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: wininit.exe

Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8006E50B30, 0xFFFFFA8006E50E10, 0xFFFFF80002B98240)

Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010110-33197-01.dmp

file path: C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe

description: Windows Start-Up Application

Looks like all I got was a mini-dump, so how do I set it to give a full dump after it crashes? I thought I had but I guess it didn't work... I will check on the forums and get back to you

Depends on how much RAM you have - the easiest way is to open the registry to HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\CrashControl and set the CrashDumpEnabled value to 1 (1 == complete dump). Note you have to reboot for this to take effect, so if you just change it and don't reboot it'll generate the previous dump type (and I'm guessing it was set to minidump).

One other caveat, to get a complete dump you *must* have a paging file on the same volume as your Windows directory, and it must be equal in MAX size to RAM + ~64MB (not just MIN size).

How do you make a paging file in the volume? I don't understand what that means. Is that just meaning that it has to be on the same Hard Drive?

My paging file size will be 4096+64 = 4160 mb, what should the Initial size be..? I can't change the value without setting an "Initial" and a "Maximum" value

The Registry value for dumps is set to 1 like you said. What else do I need to do?

Edited by EverIncompetent

Just set the min and max values to be the same, RAM +64MB. If \Windows is on C:\, make sure the paging file is on there as well (make sure you're setting MIN and MAX size on the file on C:, that should be sufficient).