Cannot access shared network drive

Thunderbolt 2864

Currently I have two shared network drives and I can only share the first one. I'm trying to share the second one, the network can see it but I cannot access it and I always get this stupid error message:

22604810.jpg w534.png

I've tried googling it but not much luck. Can anybody help me please?

46024090.jpg

I just used the basic ones, it worked for my other drive but apparently something is blocking the share and I don't know how to fix it. I'm new to Windows 7 and I'm not familiar with network and security settings. My user account is always set to Administrator.

You also need to look at the NTFS folder permissions - when someone connects over SMB to a remote share, the server hosting the share first checks a user's Share permissions (in this case, full control), but then it also checks NTFS permissions. Given Share has full control, you're likely failing at the NTFS folder permission level. You'll need to take a look at, and potentially modify, the NTFS permissions on that folder.

Maybe, but it also might be something completely simple (and relatively new for a person coming from XP background)

From the John-PC Open Control Panel Network and Sharing Center

1) (home, work, or public). Is John-PC in the same mode as your client PC.

Open Advanced sharing settings

2) verify that "Turn Off Password Protected sharing" is checked (in the correct mode). Everyone group does not use passwords, and is therefore blocked by this mode.

Check the other settings and make sure they sound like they are working. (duh, File and Printer Sharing On should be obvious).