Multiple questions

ESCOMMODORE64

Hosts -

After running the Spybot Search & Destroy, it integrates over 10,000 of bad host ip into hosts. That's something I would like to save for the next unattended setup, but I understand that it could be easier if I write the batch to copy the hosts into system32/drivers/etc instead, but I would prefer to write my own batch for the hosts.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences on making a batch that actually writes correctly into hosts without having restart into safe mode or something?

Acrobat Reader - How to install it silently? Using the MSI file?

Bitdefender - I would like to have it installed silently using switches, but i dont know how. Also I need to have a batch handy for integrating the virus scanner for Windows Live Messenger.

Drivers - How to integrates all of drivers in once instead of making the batch to loads each programs at a time?

Sounds like a lot of work for a simple hosts file, why not just use DISM to mount your WIM and copy your already edited hosts file over the original located inside your WIM file. Then you do not have to write any scripts, since you integrated it into the WIM. It will be a part of every install you make.

Again for the drivers use DISM and run the add-packages command. This integrates them directly into your WIM.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...28WS.10%29.aspx

If you don't want to use DISM manually, I think someone wrote a simple Powershell GUI for it. Check for link in my sig.

Not sure about Adobe and Bit Defender.. I'm sure someone else has the syntax for silent install.

@MrJinje Not bad, but this will be my first time using the deployment via unattended setup for windows vista/7, so, I'm hoping for a good and easy way to do this.

And as for driver, you didn't specify the instruction for packing the unzipped and current drivers used by devices into a zip ( similar to integrating the drivers to system32 or something, almost like nlite/vlite. )

had some experiences on XP unattended on older pc, and did a good on batching, and still across to the drivers issues.

I don't really like to write batch for drivers to setup at one time each.

I still need the instruction on how to integrate the driver into something and will be unzip on the fly without executing any setup on it, namely on chipset and video card drivers.

Also it would be nice to hear the instruction on how to hook up the essentials apps from drivers to os ( such as start the services and auto-start and so forth; as well and to register the registry and services.

Thank you.

First, please read the forum rules again, specifically rule 2.a on post bumping.

Second, I would suggest that you consider reading about integrating drivers using DSIM (because otherwise you need to use the old $oem$ structure and a DriverPath in your unattend xml file). There are very good instructions on Technet about doing this, as well as good posts here on MSFN about DISM and drivers if you want to search.

I'd suggest asking your application questions in the Application Installation forum section (best place for those questions, and they're not really related to Windows 7 at all), and if you still don't want to use DISM to integrate drivers ask about doing it via an unattend file and the $OEM$ folder structure in the Unattended Windows 7 section. As to the hosts file, I have to agree with MrJinje - this could be done via a file copy from $OEM$, but placing it directly into the WIM would be just as easy. Again, if you want to use the $OEM$ folder structure and an unattend file, post the question in the Unattended Windows 7 section along with your driver questions.