Disk Space Requirements?

ahemsa

I was curious if there was any way to defeat the disk space requirements for Windows 7 such as can be done using nlite on Windows XP? It may be easy, but I haven't seen this option anywhere.

I can use vLite to trim the install ISO down to 2GB, but when I got to install Windows 7 (64 bit) it still says I need some 8886MB to install, the same as it asked for before I used vLite and removed a bunch of stuff. I am trying to install Windows on a drive that formats out to roughly 7.2 GB. This is an extremely fast RAM drive, so I just wanted to run some benchmarks. I don't need the system to run very long as I know 7 would quickly bloat to fill the drive.

Have Windows 7 x86 running from a 4GB I-RAM - complete install only 3.6GB.

Cant remember but I think on the vLite tweaks page there was a setting to disable this file disk space warning.

Basically I'm trying to install it on a 8GB ANS-9010, which is very similar to your I-RAM. I couldn't find a disk space setting in vlite, at least note for x64. I was able to back into it though. I installed it to another drive, booted up, disabled hibernate and swap file. That got it down to 3.x GB. I then used Ghost to clone it to my RAM drive.

It scores a 7.7 on the drive score, which is what I was looking for. I knew it would score high, I didn't expect it to score THAT high.