Win7 Enterprise x64 Install Fail

sween64

I installed Win7 clean and after the first restart fails to load. I tried in safe made and it locks after it says loaded: windows/system32/drivers/disk.sys

I am running i7 920, Gigabyte EX58-DS4, Sapphire 5870, Pioneer Blu-Ray BDC-S02, WD 1TB, Zalman 750W.

What is wrong?

disk.sys loads, and then any filter drivers (or disk drivers) that rely on disk.sys load. Sounds like, if this is just a clean install, the driver for your disk subsystem isn't loading properly. That board uses the ICH10R, which works fine out of the box in Win7 (I have many systems using that without issue), so I'm not sure what's happening. Is it the first restart after Windows finishes installing, or is it still installing?

Also, is this a 32 or 64bit install?

disk.sys loads, and then any filter drivers (or disk drivers) that rely on disk.sys load. Sounds like, if this is just a clean install, the driver for your disk subsystem isn't loading properly. That board uses the ICH10R, which works fine out of the box in Win7 (I have many systems using that without issue), so I'm not sure what's happening.

Is it the first restart after Windows finishes installing, or is it still installing?

Also, is this a 32 or 64bit install?

Windows is still installing, it's the restart that is part of the install.

This is 64 bit.

I've noticed the hard drive has an apple symbol on it, but it is a Western Digital WD1002FBYS, which should work with windows.

Edited by sween64