Intergrating and downloading Language pack without windows update

:}

I have the english 32bit version and wants to Integrate hindi Language pack.

Where can I download the hindi language pack without having to do it via the update tool or with windows update either

or is there a way to Intergrate it after the update

Thanks in advance

As per the KB article on the subject:

Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. However, these language packs are not available on the Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server or through the Microsoft Download Center.

If you're a Technet or MSDN subscriber or an OEM System Builder, you already know how to acquire the lp.cab language packs. Obviously there are other ways of acquiring these files, but discussion of these methods would be against forum rules. Since we are not the police, you can choose to avail yourself of these methods, but it won't be discussed here. Or, if you know someone with a Technet or MSDN sub, have that person download them for you.

Here is the link according to Daniel Martin MVP.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=hi

Since the english version of the download page does not exist "displaylang=en" I cannot begin to offer advice on what to do with the file after you get it. FYI, got the link from Technet I am gonna assume I am not breaking any rules, otherwise Cluberti is free to delete my post.

Windows Update offers MUI packs, but unfortunately there's no MUI download for Hindi, only a language pack (LIP).

To know more about the difference between MUI packs and LIP read this article:

How do I get additional language files?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...-language-files

EDIT: If you check the date on the Cluberti's KB article, (8-25-09) and on the Hindi direct download page (10-21-09) it is likely the KB article is out of date.

Edited by MrJinje

Correct - LIPs and MUIs are not the same. If you search around, a lot of the LIPs are available (and there's not one for English, hence no displaylang=en). A LIP is similar to the XP-style MUI where most of the visible things in the OS are translated, but there's still a lot of the original language left behind. Since the OS is language-neutral, using a MUI gives you an entire translation.

LIPs are available, MUIs are not.

• 5 weeks later...