MS SBS with Exchange, best backup solution?

mlink

Hi,

We are a small IT company supporting many local small businesses. One of our clients has MS SBS Exchange Server. We are proposing to upgrade their backup solution.

Currently we use a combination of NTBACKUP to a locally connected USB storage device on a 3 day rotation providing a full backup of the servers C:\ drive. As well as this there is a nightly 7 day rotation of 25 users profiles and document backed up to the local Rev drive (erratic errors are occuring due to age of the tapes) Backup Assist runs this backup.

We are proposing to install a 2 TB Nas box and provide a 7 day image rotation of the server with essential files copied to an external drive connected to the server for offsite backup.

Is NTBACKUP the best solution, or Backup Assist. We are also considering using Acronis Backup and Recovery, but I am unsure if this will successfully backup and restore Exchange?

A colleague has also suggested using V2i protector, but i am unaware of its functionality with regard to Exhange backups too. I am aware that this software no longer is supported, but it is a cheaper solution for our client.

What I basically need is a Simple and quick solution for disaster recovery to minimise the clients downtime. As a small company dealing with SBS Exchange is not part of our regualr work.

Any advice will br greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve