IE8 become completely unusable (grayed menus and back button not worki

Graznok

After having completely uninstalled "Internet Antivirus" module from Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, IE8 continues to hang while visiting some websites. I checked if there were Kaspersky BHOs in IE8 and I saw "IEVkbdBHO Class" in add-in list. That add-in seems to add a "K" button which launch the Kaspersky Virtual Keyboard... however I've never seen it.

I just disabled it. I will see if that IE8 issue stop occuring or not.

On another computer, I noticed that menus hangs and are grayed when IE8 takes time to ask an associated application to open an currently downloading file. For example, when you click on a *.doc file link, a dialog box appears in order to ask you if you want to Open, Save, Cancel the download. A click on Open will download then open the file. Between these two operation, IE8 does nothing; it is waiting for application to open the document! This result in hanging and grayed menus...

So if we extrapolate that behavior, we can deduce that IE8 is sometimes waiting for an add-in to respond. But which add-in? That's the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

The computer on which I have that issue, is running IE8 all the day with some tabs. One of those tabs was displaying this website: www.greek-epic.com

My idea was to close this website, because on other computers, I also have IE8 opened all the day (Windows 7 x86 and x64), but not with THIS website, and IE8 didn't hang in anyway. After days of testing, IE8 didn't hang ANYMORE! So, this website makes IE8 going wrong.

My problem seems to be solved now. Apparently Kaspersky wasn't the source of this problem. But, why do this website make this IE8 issue? Is there some HTML, JavaScript, Flash, add-in objects calls, etc., IE8 doesn't support?

If you can find a response to that problem, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your help. Kind Regards.

Edited by Graznok

• 2 months later...