further automation(probably silly)

Does anyone know of a way to automate the choice of which partition to use and how to partition it, FAT/NFTS, in the case of a single partition? Or if it's possible with multiple partitions?

edit: looking to get rid of all options other than wpi all together.

Edited by grabby

personally, i just use this in my WINNT.SIF (detailed explanation available here)

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

UnattendedInstall=Yes

MsDosInitiated=No

[unattended]

Repartition=Yes

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

WaitForReboot="No"

AutoActivate=No

UnattendSwitch = Yes

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=--snipped--

EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=1

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=20

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=--snipped--

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

which just wipes out any partitions, creates a new partition using the whole disc. though it is slightly dangerous in the wrong hands (kills the entire hard disc without prompting if you choose to boot off of it)

for my uses, its easier than the minor convenience of being able to setup multiple partitions plus it wipes out those annoying OEM recovery partitions which prevents my users from reinstalling their OS in a lame attempt to "fix" their problem

my CD is setup so that all i have to do is

1. boot off of it
  2. press any key to boot from CD
  3. OS installs itself autologin #1 runs driverpacks finisher
  4. after autologin#2 WPI fires and auto installs everything I need (after 120 second delay)
  5. Reboots to the XP welcome screen which requires my admin password thats encrypted on the WINNT.SIF <--this is the first required user interaction (and you could take it out but i left it in case i ever lost a CD i wouldnt have to worry about it being used)
  6. Rename the machine and join to the domain

anyways this is more of an unattended question than a WPI question so in the interest of keeping the WPI forum populated only with WPI issues, ill move this topic there

P.S. im assuming this is for XP if im wrong disregard my advice but then let me know and move it