Memory leak

mara-

Well, netio.sys doesn't actually allocate anything, it's just the network input/output API driver (hence the name "netio.sys"). Meaning something on your machine is hammering the network and not releasing it's allocations via the network filter driver it has installed. At this point, it leaves only a few things (and without the .dmp and a debug kernel it's going to be impossible to tell):

1. Network drivers themselves - it looks like this is an nvidia chipset, and there aren't any known driver leaks in Vista SP2 or 7 with it, but you will want to make sure you've got the latest WHQL driver set anyway.

2. Firewall or antivirus software - most antivirus and all firewall software packages install filter drivers on the network stack (and hook the kernel as well) to trap I/O moving in and out of the system, and these packages can cause these sorts of problems too if they have a coding bug. I see you're running NOD32 for antivirus, but no special firewall software, but I also see you've got VMWare workstation installed. I'd consider making sure you've got the latest updates for both, and keep an eye out that one of these could be causing the problem.

3. uTorrent is running, and this particular torrent package does have some known issues with leakinkg memory, so it's always possible this is causing it. A quick check would be to disable and kill it and monitor to see if the memory leak behavior stops without this running.

Thanks for the tips. Well, you can see in my signature what my configuration is, so it's not nvidia chip-set. It's Intel chipset, but I have Asus graphic card which has nVidia chip-set. And, I run Eset Smart Security, so there is a firewall. I'll try to un-install it.

Can I somehow do the debug with your instructions? And, thank you for your help.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I'm still doing testings, but it seems that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's IP Protection is causing the problem. When I'm sure, I'll post here.

Edited by mara-

OK, I'll be sure tomorrow, but it seems that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not the problem. Eset Smart Security is causing the problem and it's same with NOD32 Antivirus. They must screwed something with some model update since I did not have this problem before, and that's why I had the same problem on Win 7.

cluberti and Mr Snrub, thank you for you help.

Cheers ;)

OK, I'm sure that problem is Eset Smart Security v4. Problem exist with NOD32 Antivirus v4 too. Problem exist in Windows Vista and Windows 7, at least on my computer. I got laptop with Windows XP and NOD32 Antivirus v4 and no problem. Pool Nonpaged Bytes are now on 68 MB, and my computer is up for 6 hours, I have 1650MB free. Of course, I turned now SuperFetch and everything works fine.

Cheers ;)