XP listing too many images for wallpapers

DarkScythe

Hello,

I've been going through the process of recovering from a hard drive failure, which gave me an excuse to reinstall a fresh copy of XP since I had been meaning to do it for a while.

Anyway, I nLited a copy of XP from a Technet image (used a valid key) and I'm not sure if I might've unwittingly set an option incorrectly somewhere.

As I understand it, the wallpaper list (under display properties > desktop) polls the %systemroom%\Web\Wallpapers directory by default, and I can verify this as true from memory, as well as my laptop which I also used an nLited XP (although I didn't set nearly as many options.) Anyway, my problem now is that my PC's XP appears to be polling not just the default folder, but also the My Pictures folder. This in itself is not a bad thing, as I want to point it to there anyway; the problem is that it's polling every single subfolder as well. Since I place all my photos from my camera in there, as well as other miscellaneous images which aren't wallpapers, this results in thousands of images being listed in the display properties, 99% of which are not the correct size for wallpaper usage. Is there any way for me to correct this? I'd like to limit it only to a specific subfolder within the My Pictures folder (X:\My Documents\My Pictures\Wallpapers - I have moved my 'My Documents' and 'My Pictures' folder to another drive to prevent a system drive crash from eating all my data.) I don't mind so much that it continues to poll the default folder, although it would be nice if it didn't, but my main priority is getting it to not scan every subfolder in My Pictures.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Edited by DarkScythe